Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Greetings to All


Greetings to all. I have decided to join the world of blogging and try my hand at attempting to write about something that someone might find interesting. So, I have decided to write about my hobbies, hence the name"Brett's Workbench." I would like to begin by introducing you all to my newest hobby...Fish. I had decided a little while ago that I wanted to learn how to keep and maintain an aquarium. I red plenty of books from the local library and visited the various pet stores a few times, but it wasn't until my sister Vanessa and her husband Chris surprised me with a brand new 5 gallon fish tank that I started to really get into it. After all of my reading I learned that you must set up your aquarium and let it run, without fish, for a few weeks. This helps the tank and its bacteria tenants get acclimated and creates a suitable environment for the fish. But soon enough it was time to get some fish.
With Vanessa and Chris I went to the Aquarium store and asked the clerk which fish would be the best for a beginner. He suggested Zebra Danios. They are small little silver fish with black horizontal stripes and a slight blue sheen when caught by the light. So far they seem to be doing well and one in particular has asserted itself king of the tank. He is the fish you can see in the pictures. He as taken possession of the front of the tank and chases the other fish away if they come out into the open. So the remaining 3 fish spend most of their time in the plants and rocks in the background. The only time they are all out is during feeding time. Trust me there are 4 fish in there. I haven't been able to come up with names for them yet so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
The other Hobby I would like to share with you all is Scale Model Building. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. Currently I am working on a 1:32 scale P-51D Mustang. I will post pictures shortly of what I have done so far. Thanks for reading, I hope I haven't bored you too bad.

1 comment:

  1. I was not bored at all! In fact, I was excited that Chris and I made it into your blog! The blog looks awesome and I can't wait to read about your exciting fish adventures.


    P.S. I still think that you should name your fish from the movie Jaws! :)

    ReplyDelete